SuperKuiken SuperKuiken

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

PARIS -- Canadian Eugenie Bouchard advanced to the third rou

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    SuperKuiken -> wil je iemand aanvallen
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 28-03-2019 02:07:52    Onderwerp: PARIS -- Canadian Eugenie Bouchard advanced to the third rou Reageren met citaat

PARIS -- Canadian Eugenie Bouchard advanced to the third round of the French Open on Wednesday after a come-from-behind win over German Julia Goerges. Vans Shoes Cheap Onlne . Bouchard dropped the first set but then rallied for a 2-6, 6-2, 6-1 victory. "I wasnt worried after the first, I just took my time," said Bouchard. "I just really tried to forget about that I lost the first set and just start fresh. Thats what I did for the second and third." The 18th seed from Westmount, Que., will play Swede Johanna Larsson, who upset 12th-seeded Italian Flavia Pennetta 5-7, 6-4, 6-2. "For sure it definitely wasnt one of my best days, but Im proud that I was able to turn it around,"said Bouchard. "It was definitely more of a mental win today to get my game back in the right place." Bouchard said she stayed mentally strong. "I have confidence that no matter what happens on the court, I can fight and still give my best and give myself the best chance to win," said Bouchard. Bouchard broke the 107th-ranked Goerges to end the match, taking the victory with 21 winners and conversions on six of 13 break points. Bouchard broke twice in the second set and began the third with another break of the German as she raced to a 5-0 lead. But she lost serve in the next game after a forehand error. She immediately recovered a game later, breaking Goerges back and advancing on her first match point. "In the first set I felt I wasnt in the right mental frame of mind, and it just wasnt good enough for my standards," Bouchard. "I just needed to regroup after that, and I really focused and got back to playing the way I need to play, which is stepping in, going for my shots." Bouchard, a semifinalist at the Australian Open, arrived in Paris after her first WTA title last week in Germany. She was eliminated in the second round at Roland Garros last year, her French Open debut. In doubles play, Canadas Sharon Fichman and her partner Anastassia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia upended ninth-seeded Andrea Hlavackova and Lucie Safarova of the Czech Republic, 7-6(4), 3-6, 6-1. Wholesale Vans Authentic Shoes . The injury could land Machado on the 15-day disabled list, but its not as serious as it looked on Monday night, when the third baseman crumpled in a heap at the plate after taking an awkward swing in a game against the New York Yankees. Cheap Vans Shoes For Sale . Perez, 35, posted a 1-2 record with a 3.69 earned-run average in 19 relief appearances last season. His season ended Aug. 9 due to a torn ligament in his left elbow. Perez joins infielder Andy LaRoche and catcher Mike Nickeas with minor-league agreements for 2014 that include invitations to attend spring training. http://www.cheapvansdiscount.com/ . Goldeyes third baseman Ryan Pineda drove in three runs and the pitching staff didnt allow an earned run, as Winnipeg downed Kansas City 6-3 in American Association exhibition action at CommunityAmerica Ballpark in Kansas.James Reimer and his Toronto teammates return to the scene of the crime Saturday night. Its a new season -- some six months on -- so the chalk outline of the Maple Leafs has been erased at TD Garden in Boston. But memories of a Game 7 collapse against the Bruins in last seasons playoffs may take longer to forget. For Reimer, the post-season ended facedown in his crease after Patrice Bergeron scored at 6:05 of overtime to cap a miraculous 5-4 recovery for a Bruins team that trailed 4-1 some nine minutes into the third period. Back in the post-season after a nine-year absence, Toronto had clawed its way back from a 3-1 series deficit only to see the first-round comeback crash and burn. It was painful for players and fans alike. "That hockey game will haunt me until the day I die," winger Joffrey Lupul tweeted the next day. Reimer, who has been sharing goaltending duties with Jonathan Bernier this season, gets a chance to write some new memories in Beantown on Saturday. "It means something, but I dont think its as big a deal as Im sure people are making it out to be," Reimer said after the morning skate Friday. "If we win there (Saturday) it doesnt reverse what happened last year. If we play them in the first round of the playoffs again, then maybe you can say theres more of a story there. But its a regular-season game. "Obviously theres a history there and you want to play well and you want to win. But the main thing is the two points." Toronto (11-5-0) can also take solace from the fact that it arrives in Boston with a slightly better record than the Bruins (9-5-1). The return to Boston holds no surprises for Toronto coach Randy Carlyle. "We know that we can and we have proven to ourselves we can go in and compete with the Boston Bruins," he said. "Simple as that." "We think we can go into any building and compete with any team as long as we stick to the game plan and execute," echoed ccentre Nazem Kadri. China Vans Shoes Wholesale. Leafs forward Jay McClement looked to take something positive from the playoff loss. "Our goal is to not worry about it, but our goal is to get in to that situation again and handle it better," he said. Plus the Leafs have other things to think about, he suggested. "We want to get our game back to where it should be," McClement said. "Its not really something thats been brought up around here." Kadri said most of the memories had faded. "It was a little tough before the season started and kind of waiting all summer and just having to deal with it," he said. "Now that the seasons started and were kind of 15, 16 games into it, I think a lot of guys have forgotten about it. "Its still in the back of your head," he conceded, however. Reimer says the Boston meltdown can be used as motivation, although he insisted he was over it. "Its just a memory, its just something that happened in the past," he said. "Ive got lots of memories. Its just something you learn from. Its something you use to help you in every game, in every situation so far. Is it still there? Yeah. But its not a negative any more." "Its something that happened, but its not at the forefront of your thoughts at all," he added. Reimer, who had the night off Friday after Bernier started a 2-1 shootout win over the New Jersey Devils, arrives in fine form. He has a 4-1-0 record with 2.36 goals-against average and .942 save percentage despite facing a nightly barrage of shots. He made 43 saves last time out, some of the highlight-reel variety, losing 4-0 in Vancouver in a game that was not as close at the score indicated. It marked the 13th time in 15 games that Toronto has been outshot. Prior to that, he blanked the Edmonton Oilers 4-0 in another 43-save performance that marked his 11th career shutout and stopped 37 shots en route to a 4-1 win over the Pittsburgh Penguins. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    SuperKuiken -> wil je iemand aanvallen Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: