SuperKuiken SuperKuiken

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

NEW ORLEANS -- Its a good thing for the New Orleans Pelicans

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    SuperKuiken -> wil je iemand aanvallen
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 03-04-2019 07:35:32    Onderwerp: NEW ORLEANS -- Its a good thing for the New Orleans Pelicans Reageren met citaat

NEW ORLEANS -- Its a good thing for the New Orleans Pelicans that Ryan Anderson doesnt let an off night stop him from unleashing long-range shots with the game on the line. Thurman Thomas Jersey . Anderson shook off some unusually poor shooting and hit two clutch 3-pointers in overtime that carried the New Orleans Pelicans to a 111-106 victory over the Detroit Pistons on Wednesday night. "Its important that I stay aggressive on this team. I think coach has a lot of confidence in me, a lot of faith in me and if Im passive or if I dont take a shot when Im open, it could hurt the team," Anderson said. "So when I get an open chance I want to shoot it confidently. ... You can never give up your confidence on the court, no matter how awful the shooting night you have." Jason Smith showed he is getting increasingly comfortable at centre after spending much of his early pro career at power forward. The 7-footer never backed down against the size and strength Detroit had underneath with Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond. Smith scored 22 points and grabbed a career-high 16 rebounds for the Pelicans, who snapped a two-game skid while handing Detroit its third straight loss. "He was a monster tonight," Pelicans coach Monty Williams said. "Heres a guy doing it on both ends of the floor, has a career night and just didnt give in." Anderson finished with 22 points on 6-of-18 shooting, including 4 of 12 from 3-point range. Jrue Holiday added 19 points and Al-Farouq Aminu, whose teammates call him "Chief," had 11 points and 14 rebounds. Asked what it meant for the Pelicans to outrebound Detroit 51-43 -- turning 16 offensive rebounds into 14 second-chance points -- Anderson said, "It means Jason and Chief battled their tails off tonight. ... It just means that we wanted it more." New Orleans also got 14 points from Tyreke Evans, whom the Pelicans expected to miss a week or two after an ankle sprain Friday. Instead, he returned without missing a game, but acknowledged he played in pain. "I just felt like I could help," said Evans, adding that he understood his team was already short-handed because of Anthony Davis broken hand. "Once I felt like I could run and cut side-to-side, I said, Im going to play." Monroe, a New Orleans native, had 28 points and 10 rebounds for Detroit, which led by three points early in overtime before Andersons first 3 of the extra session tied it. Brandon Jennings added 25 points and Rodney Stuckey 20 for the Pistons. Drummond had 10 points and 11 rebounds, but was disappointed New Orleans established itself as better team near the basket. "Its on Greg and I to figure it out. We cant continue to let guys come in our paint and do those kinds of things to us," Drummond said. "Its a building process and were going to figure it out. Its not going to happen for too long." Detroit had one last lead when Jennings stole the ball from Holiday and heaved the ball down-court to Monroe for a fast-break dunk to make it 103-102. Thats when Anderson responded with his second 3 of the extra period to give New Orleans the lead for good. "We lost track of him in overtime," Monroe said of Anderson. "With a guy like that, you cant give him one second to get that shot off. ... We did a good job most of the game, but he hurt us in overtime." Detroit trailed 108-106 after Jennings floater off the glass with 13 seconds left. Detroit then fouled Evans, who missed his second free throw, but Josh Smith was called for a lane violation, and Evans hit on his extra chance to seal it. The Pelicans led by as many as 12 points in the third quarter when Holidays 15-foot pull-up made it 83-71, but that lead evaporated when Stuckeys turnaround jumper late in the period began a 12-0 Detroit run that included Monroes layup and putback. Detroit finally tied the game at 96 on Josh Smiths running hook with 1:19 left. Both teams then went cold, each failing to score on a pair of possessions, and the game went to overtime after Jennings missed two jumpers in the final seconds. NOTES: Eric Gordon scored 14 for New Orleans. ... Smith scored 11 for Detroit. ... The Pistons rested Chauncey Billups in what was the Pistons second game in as many nights, while Stuckey returned from a two-game absence cause by left knee soreness. O. J. Simpson Jersey . Then youve got to worry about the other up and coming teams in the two weaker divisions in the "Junior Circuit". Buffalo Bills Jerseys . Modin, 36, tallied seven goals and three assists in 36 games with the Thrashers this season. The Sundsvall, Sweden, native has posted 232 goals and 230 assists in 894 career NHL games with Toronto, Tampa Bay, Columbus, Los Angeles and Atlanta and has appeared in 57 post-season contests, helping the Lightning capture the 2004 Stanley Cup Championship. http://www.shoptheofficialbills.com/Elite-Doug-Flutie-Bills-Jersey/ .DeMarco Murray got his 20th carry late in the fourth quarter with a 10-point lead, not long after Dez Bryant made his final catch of the day.Sure enough, a 44-17 win over Washington didnt change Dallas post-season position.Stuart Broad says England need to forget about Pakistan bowler Mohammad Amirs past and concentrate on his cricketing abilities. Englands series against Pakistan begins on Thursday at Lords, live on Sky Sports 2, and Amir is set to make a high-profile return to the Test scene, at the ground where he became embroiled in a spot-fixing scandal in 2010.The 24-year-old was one of the hottest properties in world cricket at the time and is now playing again after serving his suspension. And his performance in the tour opener against Somerset last week suggested he could be a real threat to England this summer.Broad said: It is a huge story, back for his first Test at Lords since the controversy six years ago, a massive story. But, as a team, it is a dangerous place to get waylaid by that, because we could find ourselves in a lot of trouble.Having seen the way Amir has bowled at Taunton, we need to get in the right frame of mind, because he can do us some damage.Lets start looking at him as a cricketer and a bowler, and how we can negate that. England without Anderson How have England fared without their senior strike bowler I think what will help the team move on is that there is only me, Alastair Cook and Steve Finn who played in that Test. It is a very new team.England will be without Broads regular new-ball partner James Anderson for Lords, meaning Jake Ball or Toby Roland-Jones will be given a debut. Stuart Broad will lead the England bowling attack against Pakistan at Lords this week Broad memorably bowled England to an Ashes win at Trent Bridge when Anderson was absent last year, and again impressed when England were without the Lancashire man in Durban last Christmas but still managed to secure a victory over South Africa.And Broad said: I have played 90-odd Test matches, and I can only think of maybe five or six without Jimmy. Kaushal Silva and Sri Lanka drew with Englaand at Lords last month You are stepping into the unknown, but that can give you a bit extra. Bruce Smith Jersey. Trent Bridge went well, Durban went well. I hope it will go the same here.Broads chief concern is the Lords pitch, which has not tended to offer much help to pace bowlers of late.I think our biggest challenge is going to be this wicket, because you look at all the Middlesex scores and they are all bore draws - 500 plays 500, said the 30-year-old. Mohammad Amir says it is a miracle he will soon be back playing Test cricket at Lords and he wants to make the fans proud I dont think wickets should seam around, I just think they have got to bounce. If you cant get a bloke caught-behind or caught in the slips, it takes out 60 per cent of dismissals.The biggest test as a bowling unit will be trying to do what no other team has done this year, and thats win a game taking 20 wickets at Lords.It proved to be a big challenge when we had Jimmy in the side four weeks ago [for a rain-ruined draw with Sri Lanka], so it will be an even bigger challenge this week.See how England cope without Anderson - and Mohammad Amirs likely return to Test cricket with Pakistan - by watching the first Test at Lords, from 10am, Thursday, Sky Sports 2. Also See: Jonny can be the one of the best Riaz ready for England test England without Anderson Story of 2015 series ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    SuperKuiken -> wil je iemand aanvallen Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: